Most homeowners can handle minor plumbing issues. If the toilet is clogged, they pull out the plunger. If a faucet is leaky, a simple tightening or fixture replacement may repair the problem. But, when is it time to admit it’s no longer a DIY project and call for an emergency plumber in Modesto, CA? What are major issues? Contact the pros if you experience any of the following D.R.I.P.S.
- Dripping: This is more than an annoying sound in the middle of the night. It’s an early warning sign that something is working improperly and could become a bigger issue quickly. It’s also a waste of resources. Did you know that one drip of water per second can waste about 3,000 of gallons per year? No one wants that on their water bill. A plumber will determine the reason for the drip and make the necessary repairs to save your plumbing and your finances from further damage.
- Recurring blockage: Are you standing in an inch of water in the shower, even after repeatedly unclogging the drain? Is your sink or toilet constantly stopping up? This is usually a sign of a more serious issue. A clog in the main plumbing lines caused by large debris will not respond to household products. They may seem to work initially, but the problem recurs. You will need a professional plumber to determine the issue and unclog the blockage permanently.
- Icy pipes: Water expands when it freezes. This isn’t a big deal in your ice cube trays, but when it happens in your pipes, it can spell disaster. Frozen pipes should be handled by a plumber immediately. If not dealt with quickly and properly, they will burst, resulting in further plumbing damage as well as water damage to your home. To protect your property, contact an emergency plumber in Modesto, CA to take care of frozen pipes.
- Peaking water bill: Keep an eye on your water bill. If it seems to be slowly climbing, this could be a sign of a leak somewhere in your system. (Or, if a huge spike suddenly occurs, you may have more than a slow leak.) Of course, your bill will fluctuate with the seasons, but if you notice anything unusual indicating an increase in water usage, it is important to have this checked out. A plumber can perform a thorough check to discover any hidden issues.
- Sewage smell: Are you picking up an unpleasant odor from your plumbing? Have you already cleaned the drain, and the smell keeps coming back? An emergency plumber should be called in to inspect your sewage line for cracks. The combination of materials that go down our drains can create dangerous gases. The aroma is not simply displeasing. Sometimes it can be dangerous. If the smell is around the foundation of your home or in the basement, call for assistance right away.
Don’t let D.R.I.P.S. get you down
These issues can be serious, but they are nothing that your emergency plumber in Modesto, CA can’t handle. If you experience any of these problems, contact Alvarado Pumping Septic Service right away. Your D.R.I.P.S. will be taken care of in no time.