As any homeowner will tell you, owning a home has its ups and downs. On the one hand you get to make all the decisions, but you’re responsible for every small fix, every big repair, and preventative maintenance is a must. This includes your home’s plumbing. With this in mind, here are five common signs that your home’s standard plumbing system needs the help of a professional plumber in Modesto, CA:
- Persistent drippy faucets: Although simply replacing an old, drippy faucet head may solve the problem, a brand new sink faucet that continues to drip after it’s been tightened may point to a bigger problem. The same goes for faucets or other sink components that have been repaired or replaced several times but are still leaking water. If the under-sink and in-wall pipes that lead to a persistent drippy faucet are left unchecked, you could be looking at costly damage to more than just your faucet.
- Unusual water sounds in the walls: Especially in older homes, it’s not especially concerning to hear the plumbing at work with every flush and during every hand washing. In other words, it’s largely no cause for concern if you hear water running through pipes in the walls. But the plumbing in newer homes should not sound possessed, nor create audible dripping noises. It’s important that you not ignore obvious unusual water sounds from within your walls or ceilings, no matter how quiet they may be.
- Watermarks on walls and ceilings: Because odd water sounds in the walls are not always accompanied by clear water damage, you must separate the two signs of a residential or commercial plumbing problem. When it comes to watermarks on your walls and ceilings, the more unnerving thing is that the spot with a visible watermark is not necessarily the point of origin. The water from a leaky pipe is liable to run along the pipe—depending on the drip speed and the amount of water—instead of dropping straight down. Hire a plumber in Modesto, CA to find the problem.
- Water stains under sinks: Similar to wall watermarks, water stains under the kitchen, bathroom or laundry room sinks speak to a plumbing pipe issue. It could be a weakened u-bend or a cracked sink basin. Either way, take the time to crawl under the fixture for a closer look. You may not be able to identify the source of the leak right away, so set a plastic container below the exposed piping and turn the water on. If you still don’t see anything, leave the container and come back later—you might have a slow drip.
- It’s been a while since the last inspection: A big part of preventative home maintenance is to perform needed inspections well before anything actually goes wrong. This way you can catch and respond to small plumbing issues that could lead to huge potential disasters down the line. So, if it’s been a while, or if you’ve never had a complete professional plumbing inspection done, schedule an appointment today.
Need a professional plumber in Modesto, CA? Contact the team of expert plumbers at Alvarado Pumping Septic Service anytime!