As one of the premier plumbing services in Modesto, CA that’s open 24/7, we get calls from people who need assistance with their drains, faucets and pipes all of the time. Luckily for them, all of our certified plumbers have years of experience and can remedy most situations rather quickly. The trick is to catch these problems early, before they become big (and expensive) issues. Here are a couple of things to watch out for regarding your plumbing:
- Dripping faucets: Drip. Drip. A dripping faucet is something we’ve all experienced before. It’s annoying at first, then you probably get used to it and might not even notice it after it’s been constantly dripping for a few days. It’s not just an annoying issue, though—it’s one that can run up your water bill after a while, and could even be the sign of a larger issue with your plumbing. As soon as you hear or see a dripping faucet, it’s a good idea to call a plumber to check out the issue.
- Running toilets: While a dripping faucet will run up your water bill over a long period of time, a toilet that’s constantly running will drive your bill up pretty quickly. In fact, a running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water a day! Running toilets usually have some kind of an issue with the tank, and you may be able to fix the problem yourself. You can find plenty of handy DIY remedies However, if solutions you find online don’t work, it’s time to call a plumber to get that running toilet to stop before you waste even more water.
- Low water pressure: There’s nothing more frustrating than turning on your shower or sink and barely getting any water. Not getting your usual amount of water flow could be something as simple as a sediment buildup, or as serious as a broken pipe. It’s best to not wait around when you notice lower water pressure.
- Clogged pipes and backed up drains: It should come as no surprise that pipes aren’t meant to have solid objects in them. They’re meant exclusively for liquids. The easiest way to clog up your pipes and subsequently back up your drains is by putting solids in them. Even small things, like hair and pieces of jewelry, can easily clog a pipe and cause a backup into your sink or shower. Call us as soon as you notice a potential clog and we should be able to remedy the issue easily.
- Regular maintenance: The best way to prevent any of the problems mentioned above is to call plumbing services in Modesto, CA at least once a year for a checkup. A certified plumber will be able to spot and fix any potential problems before they become a big issue and need big repairs.
At Alvarado Pumping Septic Service, we fix all sorts of issues with plumbing. If you’ve had any trouble at all, give us a call today!