Basic toilet repairs frequently fall into the skill level of most homeowners. Toilets are simple technology, and a $3 part will often get them working again. However, if multiple attempts at do-it-yourself repair still fail to stop a toilet issue, you likely need professional plumbing services in Modesto, CA. Here are six issues that must be addressed immediately if you cannot fix them:
- No flush: A toilet that will not flush creates unsanitary conditions. It is also an awkward situation for guests, and if you only have one bathroom in your home, you have few options if a quick hardware store errand still leaves you with a non-functioning toilet. Many times, the problem is linked to the water level or the chain inside the tank. However, if you lack the time or desire to investigate or you find nothing obviously wrong, call us so we can restore flushing to your commode.
- Constant running: Even if you have a low-flow toilet, endless running increases your water bill. For a septic system, that may compromise your well supply. One cause of this issue is the chain attached to the lever tangling up with other parts. Detangling it often solves the problem. However, it can also be more serious problems like a leak or busted part. If you are on city water, our plumbing bill will pay for itself in cost savings.
- Overflowing: Many emergency plumbing calls are due to overflowing toilets. Homeowners are often too panicked to find a solution on their own, and there are times when overflowing must be addressed by a professional. This can be a disaster, as water accumulation in your bathroom causes wet rot, and serious incidents may need a water damage restoration specialist as well as a plumber. Since this is not a problem that is easily overlooked, we are not too concerned you will avoid calling us!
- Leaks: Some leaks are easy to fix. If they arise from the hex nuts, it is often a matter of tightening them or replacing them. There are times when this problem is a result of a cracked bowl or busted plumbing. If you do not immediately trace leaks to the hex nuts, call us soon, or you may face a water disaster!
- Clogs: Many clogs clear with the simple use of a toilet plunger or a pipe snake. However, if there is a deeper one that makes the water levels high and results in slow flushing, you may require additional assistance. There are times when toys flushed down the toilet or tree roots interfere with toilet drainage. We may remove the toilet and use more aggressive drain clearing measures.
- Slow fill: If the bowl remains nearly empty 15 minutes after you flush, there may be a valve issue. It may be turned off, as many homeowners turn off the water during do-it-yourself repairs and forget to activate it when they finish work. If both valves are on and there is still a slow fill, we may have to repair or replace them.
Alvarado Pumping Septic Service offers plumbing services in Modesto, CA for septic systems and homes and businesses on city water. Call us today if you need toilet repair.