Summer is about to begin, and with it come new and improved demands on your plumbing. Rather than risk being without water or drainage on the hottest days of the year, call today for plumbing services in Modesto, CA. Checking your plumbing now helps you avoid problems later. Here are six plumbing services we can provide for you:
- Check around your washing machine: The plumbing hooked into washing machines tends to be out of sight, out of mind. However, the most common cause of summer floods is worn out hoses and valves. If outdoor activities increase your laundry loads and the demand on your washer, the last thing you need is filthy water filling up your basement or utility room. Fixing any leaks around your washing machine and assuring hoses are connected tight prevents this development.
- Add outdoor faucets: If you are tired of carrying heavy garden hoses around as you water your plants, more faucets may be your answer. You can enjoy better convenience for less money than you would expect. The trick is to choose locations on the water line, which is usually accessible anywhere in your yard. Sometimes, you can save money on multiple faucets because it reduces your labor costs.
- Check your water heater: Since you are less dependent on your water heater in the summer, now is a good time to inspect it. Draining the water heater and checking heating elements prevents a sudden cold shower on a cool and rainy winter day.
- Find your main water switch: If you are taking a lengthy summer vacation, it is often a good idea to turn off your water supply. This reduces the chances of floods or misuse while you are away. When water is not used regularly, it builds up pressure in your system, which can lead to boiler failure, hot water heater leaks and even burst pipes. You can prevent coming home to a disaster by learning where you can turn off your main water supply.
- Check water pressure: Your home’s water pressure should measure no higher than 65 psi. Once it passes that point, you risk plumbing failure. Plumbers may recommend a pressure regulator or, if you already have one, replacing it. Even if your system withstands the high pressure, this wastes water and causes long term problems. If you allow pressure to linger at a high level, you will one day experience no water pressure at all.
- Repair fixtures: Summer is often busy with kids out of school and a constantly changing number of guests. The last thing you need is toilets that do not flush, sinks refusing to drain and showers with slow draining or bad water flow. Before you face a potentially embarrassing problem with your houseguests, call us for repairs. You may be accustomed to the slow-flushing toilet near the guest room, but your visitors may feel concerned.
For thorough and effective plumbing services in Modesto, CA, call Alvarado Pumping Septic Service today. While septic services are our specialty, we offer general plumbing repair and maintenance, too!