It seems that more often than not, our most important systems break down with little notice, and at very inconvenient times of the day and night. If you should happen to find yourself in this predicament and have a septic tank that needs immediate attention, it’s time to call an emergency plumber in Modesto, CA.
Alvarado Pumping Septic Service is experienced with all sorts of septic tank emergencies, and we’re here to help any time—just give us a call!
How can I tell if I have a problem?
It’s usually pretty easy to tell when your septic tank is struggling. Here are a few common warning signs to watch for:
- Water backing up in your drains, such as showers, kitchen or bathroom sinks, or toilets
- A nasty sewage odor that emanates from your pipes and drains
- Strange, gurgly noises coming from your toilet or home drains
- Water that pools suspiciously in your basement around the drain in the floor
How much should I know about roots?
You should probably know a little more about tree roots than you might think. This is because roots are a very common problem for home septic tank systems.
Pipes produce condensation, and leaky pipes produce even more of it, and this can actually be a little homing beacon for tree roots. Trees send out very deep roots in order to find adequate water, and if your pipe starts to leak, or regularly produces condensation, tree roots may be attracted to it and try to get in on the action. The more water is produced, the more roots will begin to multiply and grow.
This growth leads to infiltration, and that’s where things get tricky. Tree roots can start to grow into your septic system, including into pipes or small holes. Once they get inside, these holes turn into bigger holes, and roots can start to crack your plumbing. This pressure and degradation frequently leads to a burst pipe—and we all know how bad that can be!
What can be done?
As soon as you start to notice an issue, it’s time to take action. If it’s after regular business hours or you can’t wait for a regularly scheduled appointment, find an emergency plumber in Modesto, CA right away! Many plumbers, such as Alvarado Pumping Septic Service, offer regular appointments and emergency assistance, so you can work with one trustworthy company for all your needs. There are a few steps and methods of combating your tree root incursion:
- Clearing the drain: First, we need to push through all those tree roots to get your sewer system cleared out and back to regular function.
- Pipe burst repair: We can also employ a hydraulic method of destroying your old pipe while at the same time installing a new, better-functioning one.
- Lining the pipes: This solution involves lining your entire pipe with a sealant that protects against water and other decay.
There’s a lot to know about septic pump safety and repairs, so call the experts at Alvarado Pumping Septic Service whenever you need help. We’re your trusted emergency plumber in Modesto, CA, and we’ll be there as quickly as we can!