That moment when you walk into your home, only to find yourself standing in a puddle of water from your kitchen or bathroom, can be panic inducing. If you don’t know what to do or who to call in the event of a plumbing emergency, the situation can only get worse and you may be left with permanent water damage in your home.
You can avoid these problems by ensuring that you have a plan in place and know which steps you need to take to address the issue as quickly as possible. As always, you should have the name and phone number of a local plumber handy who can help respond to your plumbing emergency quickly and efficiently. Here’s what to do if you find yourself in need of emergency plumbing service in Modesto, CA:
- Shut off your water: If you notice a leak, water backup or plumbing blockages in your home, the first thing that you should do is shut off your water. You can start by shutting off the valve to the source of water that is causing the problem, like the valve on your toilet, for example. You might also choose to shut off the main water valve entirely depending on the extent of the problem.
- Open drains: Even when your water is shut off, some water will likely remain in your pipes. You can clear this out by opening up your drains and spigots. This will prevent any leaks or damage in your pipes from continuing to cause water to flow into your home and onto your floors.
- Try to mitigate the damage: Small leaks can be addressed with rags, towels and plumber’s tape while you are waiting for your plumber to arrive. If you’re able to address small leaks in this capacity, it can help to prevent further damage to your home while you wait.
- Turn off your water heater: In some cases, emergency plumbing leaks can cause damage to your water heater if it is left on. Prevent the unit from overheating or becoming damaged by ensuring that it is shut off completely.
- Call your plumber for help: Once you have done what you can to prevent more extensive damage, call a plumber who provides emergency plumbing service in Modesto, CA right away. They will be able to come to your home to address the issues, and they can also advise you on additional steps you can take, depending on your specific circumstances.
No matter what the problem with your pipes seems to be, don’t wait around for the problem to get worse—call a team of professionals who can provide emergency plumbing service in Modesto, CA. At Alvarado Pumping Septic Service, we understand how quickly plumbing issues can arise, which is why we are happy to provide emergency plumbing services that can address any problems that might spring up with the pipes in your home. We have been providing our customers with quality services for over 10 years, and we continue to offer an exceptional quality of workmanship. So, the next time you experience a plumbing emergency, shut off your water, open your drains, address small leaks and then give us a call so that we can take care of the problem for good.