Picture this: you’re having a quiet evening at home when, suddenly, your toilet won’t flush, or even worse, your plumbing fixtures start to back up! If you’re connected to a city sewer system, calling a plumber to remedy the situation is a simple choice. But if you have a septic system, choosing whether to call a septic service or plumbers in Modesto, CA is a bit more difficult. Continue reading to find out whom to call when a plumbing situation arises and learn about ways you can prevent problems from happening in your home:
- Call a septic service for multiple backups: If you notice that a fixture in your home is backing up, run around the house really quickly to check if any other fixtures are having a similar issue. If more than one fixture is backing up, your issue more than likely has to deal with your septic system, rather than your plumbing. Call a septic repair company right away to get that problem solved before you have a huge mess on your hands.
- Call a plumber for a single backup: Hopefully, only one of your fixtures is having a backup. If that’s the case, a qualified plumber should be able to take care of the situation. A plumber will diagnose and repair the problem before it turns into a big catastrophe in your home.
- The backup location matters: The fixture’s location matters when it comes to your backup. If the backed-up fixture is near your septic tank, the problem most likely needs the assistance of a septic repair company. For example, if your septic tank is on the north side of your house and the backed-up toilet is also on the north side of your home, you should call a septic repair service as soon as possible.
As with most aspects of home maintenance, prevention is key to avoiding serious problems. Take care of your septic system in a proactive manner by taking the following steps:
- Call for general maintenance: You can avoid the need for repairs to both your septic system and plumbing by calling plumbers in Modesto, CA on a fairly regular basis for general maintenance. We can check your plumbing for leaks and inspect your pipes to ensure there aren’t any potential clogs. We can pump your septic system when needed, and also perform maintenance checks to keep your system operating at 100 percent efficiency.
- Don’t flush any un-flushable items: The easiest way to prevent problems with your plumbing is to avoid flushing any un-flushable items or materials down your toilet! Paper towels, dental floss, hair and even “flushable” wipes should stay out of your toilet’s pipes. If anything other than toilet paper and human waste finds its way down your drains, you’ll most likely need to call a plumber sooner rather than later.
There are tons of plumbers in Modesto, CA. However, unlike Alvarado Pumping Septic Service, most plumbers don’t offer both septic and plumbing services! We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet all of your septic and plumbing needs. For your septic system, we perform pumping services, installation and emergency services. Our experts also repair toilets, sinks and showers, and unclog pipes. We guarantee that we can meet all of your septic and plumbing needs, and exceed all of your expectations for plumbers in our area.