It’s always good to have the phone number of an emergency plumber saved in your phone. But what exactly constitutes a need for emergency plumbing in Modesto, CA?
Here are a few of the most common examples of problems that can call for an emergency plumber, if serious enough:
- Clogged sink: It’s a very common problem to have a sink that drains slowly. This is an annoying problem, but not usually an emergency, and can often be solved by removing gunk that has built up near the surface or by using certain types of drain cleaners. However, a completely clogged drain is a big problem—it could lead to water flow stopping completely, which could drastically limit your daily activities.
- Clogged toilet: Many simple toilet clogs can be resolved with the use of a plunger. However, a severe clog may be something only a plumber can resolve. It becomes especially problematic if the toilet has backed up and you have water leaking in your bathroom. This requires the services of a plumber as soon as possible.
- Leaks: Faucets, toilets and water heaters can all develop leaks. While small drips are not an emergency, major problems can necessitate a plumber. This is especially true with water heaters—you need to figure out the problem with a water heater quickly. While a leaky valve can be replaced, a leak could be the sign that the water heater needs to be replaced, and the sooner you get that done, the better.
- Broken water lines: If you notice very soggy areas in your yard or have been experiencing low water pressure or poor water quality, this could be the result of a broken water line. This is commonly caused by tree roots, earthquakes or digging, which can fracture those underground lines. Obviously, you cannot hope to fix this problem by yourself—an emergency plumber is needed to get the job done.
- Burst pipes: This is a common problem during the winter months. If pipes freeze, they can burst, which can cause some significant water damage in your home. This is why it’s important to not only heat your home to a sufficient level, but also to have high-quality insulation protecting the piping in your home.
- No hot water: A lack of hot water could be a result of a plumbing problem or an electrical issue. The first thing to do is check the pilot light of your water heater. However, if that doesn’t appear to be the problem, you will need to reach out to a plumber.
- Sewer backups: Whether these backups are caused by flooding or some other type of problem, they can wreak havoc in your home. If you have a backup, you need to get a plumber to your home as quickly as possible to prevent massive damage from occurring.
For more information about what qualifies as a plumbing emergency, or to get in touch with an emergency plumber in Modesto, CA, we encourage you to reach out to our team of highly skilled plumbers today.