Every homeowner has had to deal with at least one of the following: a bathtub that refuses to drain, a relentlessly leaky faucet, a clogged toilet or water puddles appearing out of nowhere. Plumbing problems are a pain, especially the ones you cannot fix yourself. But do you really need to call a plumber? When at all in doubt, yes! Below are a few reasons why you should hire a professional plumber in Modesto, CA:
- Knowledge and skills: You may know a little bit about plumbing, but a professional plumber knows everything about the trade. Some plumbers are so good at their job that they are able to diagnose some issues over the phone or by email without having to see the problem. Whether they give a diagnosis over the phone or come to your house and see the problem firsthand, a plumbing expert has the skills and knowledge to make quick and affordable fixes. Many do-it-yourself repair jobs end up making the problem worse—and you will wind up having to call in an expert anyway!
- Homeowner’s insurance claims: There are a number of home repair and installation jobs that are covered under most decent home insurance policies. When it comes to making a claim with your insurance company, they will want to see solid proof of the damage or problem, and all repairs that were made. It’s for this reason you should hire a professional. A pro will provide you and your insurance company the proof that a qualified company completed the job. In fact, most policies require that plumbing installations, maintenance and repairs be done only by a skilled professional.
- Tools and safety equipment: Along with having plumbing skills and knowledge, a professional also owns the right tools, equipment and safety gear to do the job right. This is important for the safety of both you and the plumber, and also better ensures fast repairs. If you do it yourself without the knowledge or correct tools, chances are you will cause more damage and end up spending more money.
- It’s the law: In some states, there may be a legal requirement for homeowners and business owners to hire a professional plumber. Honor this if it is the law. This includes major changes to your septic or sewage system, plumbing fixtures or water supply. A plumber with a gas fitter’s license is also required for any type of planned gas work on your property.
- Mystery problem: Some plumbing problems are visible. For example, there’s a pool of water under the kitchen sink, or it’s clear that a toilet is clogged beyond the help of a standard plunger. If you hear water dripping behind a wall, though, you need to call a plumber. This type of plumbing problem can quickly turn into a health hazard and cause structural issues, including mold growthy, water damage to drywall and wood rot.
Hiring a professional plumber in Modesto, CA right out of the gate to fix plumbing issues is the best route to take to ensure good results and peace of mind. Call the experienced team at Alvarado Pumping Septic Service with questions or to schedule a plumbing service today!