It’s just a small drip, right? Why call a plumber in Modesto, CA over such a minor issue? This is what many homeowners think… just before a disaster. The truth is, a leak may be minor, but it can cause major damage anyway.
An ignored leak can cause significant damage to a property and a pocketbook. Don’t hesitate to take action. Here’s why.
- Structural: A leak in the plumbing can allow moisture to soak into floors, walls and other structures of the home. This weakens the materials and can eventually ruin them. What started out as a simple drip can ruin an entire floor and ceiling, wall or room.
- Fixtures: If a fixture is not working properly due to a leak, the issue can eventually ruin the fixture itself. A part that is out of alignment or has worn can cause damage to the rest of the fixture if not repaired.
- Mold: Leaks that are ignored allow moisture to remain in areas where it should not be. This moisture can generate mold growth. Mold is a health hazard that poses multiple risks to those who live in its vicinity. To prevent mold, homeowners should repair all leaks right away.
- Repairs: While a leak may require repairs, an ignored leak will eventually require even more repairs. What could have been a little bit of work can quickly become an extensive project. An affordable repair becomes a significant cost.
- Time: Money isn’t the only thing that ignored leaks can cost a property owner. If the leak worsens or leads to damage (which is fairly inevitable), the property owner will have to devote more time to arranging for repairs with a local plumber in Modesto, CA. If the issue has worsened, the repairs will take longer than they would have if the plumber had been called sooner.
- Convenience: A leak is inconvenient. Even if it doesn’t seem to be affecting anything else, it makes the use of that fixture, appliance or pipe less convenient. You’ll probably spend extra time cleaning up water or finding workarounds for the leak.
- Water bill: That leak is wasting water. Why pay more in utility bills as the leak sends your water bill through the roof? Even minor leaks can make a difference. Ignoring the leak is like sending money down the drain.
- Repairs: As mentioned, leaks tend to get worse over time. Get repairs right away to avoid more costly repairs in the future. You’ll end up saving in the long run if you don’t ignore the leak at the outset.
Fix it Fast
Have you been ignoring a leak? Reach out to your plumber in Modesto, CA today to take care of that leak. You’ll save time, money and headache down the road if you let your plumber fix it today. Reach out to the pros at Alvarado Pumping Septic Service for expert assistance. We do the job right the first time. Call us to arrange your leak repair—24-hour emergency services are available!