Most homeowners can do some basic plumbing maintenance on their own, but larger or more complex issues are best handled by the experts. Below is a rundown of the most common plumbing problems that may call for professional plumbing services in Modesto, CA:
- Leaky or damaged pipes: While your home’s plumbing pipes can leak any time of the year, the cold winter months take the cake for most pipe bursts, leaks and damage. In fact, wintertime is when professional plumbers get the most calls for such problems. Whether you own a house or manage a commercial building, be aware of wet spots on the ground, stains on the ceiling or moisture on pipes. Don’t forget to check inside your cabinets, and keep in mind that small leaks can turn into big leaks quickly. Fix leaky pipes right away to avoid costly water damage down the line.
- Drippy faucets: It’s not uncommon for dripping faucets in homes to go ignored for a long time. Maybe everyone has gotten used to the day-in and day-out “drip-drip” sound ,or no one wants to deal with it, but know that you’re contributing to water waste—and letting money go down the drain in the process. Drip by drip, your water bills will begin to climb.
- Leaky sinks: Bathroom and kitchen sinks are simple fixtures, but time can cause wear and damage to sink components, including the sink basin itself. Rubber washers and other small hardware on faucets become worn, with contributing factors including heavy use, climate, the time of year and the quality of installation. Pipe and hose connections may crack and leak water. Luckily, all of these are relatively inexpensive to repair.
- Slow drains: There are a lot of potential causes for slow drains. Maybe your shower has a hairball, or the toilet is clogged. Whatever the problem may be, regardless of whether your home has a septic system or is connected to the city sewer system, slow drains or toilets that still have issues after you’ve unclogged them can be an indicator of a much bigger problem in the works, such as a full septic tank, corrosion in the piping or tree root invasion.
- Running toilets: Everyone has heard the sounds a running toilet makes. It typically sounds like a quick toilet flush, lightly hissing as the water continuously cycles all night and all day long. What you’re hearing is an internal water leak, which needs to be addressed. On average, an always-running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water per day. Your plumber can get your toilet back to normal in no time.
- Low water pressure: Low water pressure issues are rather common in older homes. It could be that the original plumbing was for a smaller number of people, while your household has greater water needs. Luckily, the fix might be simple—you might just need new shower heads—or you could have a hidden leak in your home.
Alvarado Pumping Septic Service offers a variety of standard plumbing services in Modesto, CA, along with septic system services. Call us for assistance anytime!