Pipes can burst at any time for a variety of different reasons, which is why it’s important for homeowners to always be on the lookout for plumbing problems. Keep reading to learn the top causes of burst pipes in Modesto, CA and what you can do to prevent them:
- Freezing weather: The number one cause of burst pipes is cold temperatures, especially in regions that see frigid temperatures each winter. If water is allowed to freeze in a pipe, the pressure buildup can cause the pipe to expand and eventually burst.
- Old age: Like most other aspects of a home, pipes are only designed to last for a certain period before they can start to fail. Issues like rust and corrosion can also shorten their lifespan. If your pipes are on the older side, they’re more likely to burst unexpectedly.
- External pressure: Tree roots, passing cars and construction equipment are just a few of the external forces that can impact pipes below the ground. Too much outside pressure on the pipe can cause breakage and extensive leaks.
- Clogs: Massive clogs prevent adequate water flow downstream, which creates an enormous amount of pressure upstream. In some scenarios, all of that pressure can cause the pipe to burst. This is especially common in older, weaker plumbing systems.
- Excessive water pressure: Pipes are only engineered to handle a certain amount of water pressure. If the pressure threshold is exceeded, the pipe is put under too much strain and can start to crack. For this reason, it’s crucial that only professional plumbers tinker with your water pressure settings.
- Incorrect pipework: Installing piping or making adjustments by yourself is almost always a bad idea. Any errors made during self-installation or DIY repairs are more likely to lead to a burst pipe or other plumbing problem in the future. Always hire a pro to tackle your plumbing projects!
We’re the team to call for your plumbing needs
There are quite a few causes of burst pipes in Modesto, CA, and Alvarado Pumping Septic Service is the team you need to solve them. These are the top reasons our customers call us every time they have a plumbing problem:
- Years of experience: Hiring an inexperienced plumber is nearly as dangerous as doing the job yourself. We’ve been in business since 2007, and all of our plumbers are professionally trained and certified.
- Competitive pricing: Many homeowners opt for DIY repairs because they don’t want to pay a fortune for plumbing work. That’s never an issue when you choose Alvarado Pumping Septic Service. When you hire our team, you can rest easy knowing you’ll never overpay.
- Emergency service available: Pipes don’t just burst during standard business hours—plumbing emergencies can happen any time! For that reason, we’re always on call to handle emergency plumbing situations.
Regardless of the cause of your burst pipe in Modesto, CA, we’re the team to choose to address any plumbing problems. We’re pleased to offer a variety of plumbing services to meet all of your residential or commercial needs!