A clogged pipe is one of the last plumbing problems a homeowner wants to deal with. Clogs are a hassle to fix on your own, and they can turn into an expensive situation if you need to call a plumber. The first step in addressing a clog is knowing how to spot one. Keep reading to learn a few of the signs of clogged pipes in Modesto, CA:
- Loss of water pressure: Clogs obviously restrict water flow through a pipe, so weak flow is typically one of the first signs of a clog. Depending on the clog’s location and severity, you may notice a drop in pressure in one or all of your taps. Calling a plumber as soon as you observe a change in pressure can save a lot of trouble down the road.
- High water bills: Nobody likes to open up their water bill and see a high balance due. A sudden price spike may indicate a crack or a leak in the pipe, which can be caused by a massive clog in the line. Be sure to call a plumber right away, as this problem won’t go away on its own.
- Debris coming from fixtures: Grime coming from your faucet or showerhead isn’t just nasty—it’s also one of the signs of clogged pipes in Modesto, CA. Luckily, this problem can typically be avoided by practicing proper drain care.
- Wet spots: Water stains or damp spots on the floors, walls or ceiling could indicate a severe clog in the pipes. Call an emergency plumbing service when you see a wet spot to prevent further interior damage and mold growth.
- Overflows: A toilet can overflow for several reasons, but the most common one is a clog in the pipe. When water can’t flow down through pipes, it has nowhere to go but back up. If your toilet consistently backs up and overflows, it’s time to bring in the pros to clear the clog.
- Bad smells: Awful odors coming from sinks, tubs or toilets are an indication that there’s an accumulation of debris in the pipe. Hair and food are two of the most common types of debris, and they can be blocked with drain screens. Invest in some drain screens to prevent a ton of headaches in the future.
- Weird noises: If you don’t smell the clog, you might hear it! Gurgling noises coming from a drain might sound like a monster living in your plumbing, but it’s actually just another sign of a disruption in the water flow. Hopefully, the disruption is merely caused by a small clog that a plumber can fix right away.
- Overly green lawn: We all want a lush, green lawn, but patches of vibrant green grass could be cause for concern. These green patches indicate an abundance of nutrients in the soil, possibly coming from drain failure. Call a plumber right away, as this wastewater could come back up into your home!
Don’t live with clogged pipes any longer! Give Alvarado Pumping Septic Service a call today to schedule an inspection or to learn more about the signs of clogged pipes in Modesto, CA.